I love the Spring Framework. It’s pretty much changed my enterprise Java development. I’ve also ditched Struts for Spring MVC to keep my technology stack simple.
A new project calls for Ajax enabled pages so I’ve been researching AJAX integration with Spring MVC.
Here are some references as a starting point:
- Mangeability’s Open Source AJAX Frameworks with Server-Side Java Support
- Ajax Pattern’s Java Ajax Frameworks
These articles both point to promising choices for a pre-existing framework:
- Spring Modules XT Framework
- Ajax and the Spring Framework with TIBCO General Interface
- DWR and Spring
Honorable mention (but probably not headed in this direction):
- Google Web Toolkit (GWT). Pretty cool, but overkill for this project
- Also Using the GWTSpringController and GWTHandler
- OpenLaszlo. Also interesting, also overkill
I’ll post my final pick and why when finished.